Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lake Havasu

So, the girls in the family....minus Kara :( took a child-less short vacation to Lake Havasu overnight...Makenna, Rochelle, Mareike, Lauren and me...the second weekend in April. It was really fun and I think we should do it each year, with Kara next time hopefully.

This is a shot of the London Bridge....I never knew that this is the original London Bridge and the one in London is a replica....The original was bought for 2.5 million and took 3 years and another 4.5 million to transport and rebilled the bridge in Lake Havasu....quite interesting.

Here's Makenna, me, Mareike, and Lauren on the London Bridge one night.


Rochelle and me.....which her hair cut is adorable...and it's making me contemplate a chop...

We rented a khayak the afternoon we got there and took turns on it...it was a lot of fun...and Makenna and I successfully stood and rowed (which I didn't get a picture of sadly :D).





2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Hey! Everyone is hiding behind me in the last picture. Not fair. So much fun. Loved every minute! Missed having Kara there and mom.

Mareike said...

I'll send you some pictures ;-)
YES, the trip was really so much fun!! I would totally love to join you every year...