Friday, May 28, 2010

Old clothes to good use

So...for my birthday my amazing husband with the help of my mom and in-laws got me a sewing machine! I am so excited! I have been asking for one for a long time and I was extremly suprised. So, a while ago I went through and was going to throw out a bunch of clothes, then I thought "why don't I try and make clothes for Emrie out of my old clothes?" That would give me FREE clothes for her! Being a poor college family. With the help of my mom and Makenna and we made a really cute outfit out of a pair of old pajama pants a while ago, but I decided to try something with my new sewing machine today. So....


Here's the bag of clothes that will hopefully be transformed:


And out of a stretchy black shirt today I made Emrie these little pants that turned out way cuter than I thought they would...they look and feel like little goucho pants.


And they fit her perfectly! I am so excited! It took me quite a bit of seem ripping with all my mistakes but I now have a new pair of pants for Emrie. Can't wait to get on to the next project.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

Oh my goodness Jay! She is getting so big. Love the pants. Great job!

cindyrella said...

"necessity is the mother of invention" way to go!!

Lana Boehler said...

Oh Jay! SHe is getting so big. They grow so fast. its sad. (But they just get so much more fun every day):o) Those pants are adorable. Way to go. We for sure need to plan a get together, i would love that. Hope you doing well. Love ya. :o)

Jason & Makenna said...

They turned out great!!! Your sewing skills are surpassing me!

cindyrella said...

you'd like www.cluckclucksew.com
she does clothing redo's and has links to other stuff. one for old jeans, a tshirt, voila - denim maternity skirt (for future reference :-)