Thursday, June 2, 2011

Week 39 Update

Well, I am 4 days from my due date today. The end of this pregnancy has been different from my last one. With Emrie I didn't dialate till due date at 3/4 cm or have any contractions till I actually went into labor. But last Thursday I had contractions all afternoon and evening and was sure it was it, but much to my disappointment and a little bit of relief they never intensified and ended up stopping, so I am still pregnant. I was so ready to have this baby until I actually started with contractions then I was very nervous and decided I didn't want to go into labor, then when it all stopped I was disappointed that I had gone through that much nerves and uncomfort for nothing and would have to do it all over again :D. Such a mixture of emotions.

I had an appointment this morning and I am 3 cm dilated and still 50% efaced. The doctor did strip my membranes as much as possible and with Emrie I had my membranes stripped on a Thursday afternoon and had her Saturday afternoon. So, we'll see if that works again this time around...if so I could have her this weekend! But won't get my hopes up. If not I have an induction scheduled for next Thursday at 7:30.

I know I look beautiful :D ha ha All my shirts are too short to cover my tummy.

By the way, we got out the pack n play, swing, carseat and stuff and Emrie has decided they are her new toys. I have to kick her out of the swing constantly. But she loves swinging her babies. Hopefully she's more used to them once the baby's actually in them and doesn't mess with it as much.

3 comments:

Lana Boehler said...

Oh Jay! You still look so cute. Sounds like Emrie will be a Great big sister. I cant wait until you have that little baby, so i can see all the pictures.:) I hope it all goes well. I will be thinking of you. Good Luck. Love ya

Amanda said...

You are getting so close! I am so excited to hear all about it and to see pictures! I hope everything goes well for you!
Love you!!!

Rochelle said...

Can't wait to meet your little girlie, too bad it won't be for a little while. Make sure to send pictures. You look great. Hang in there!