Monday, June 6, 2011

Molly Nicole Andersen

SHE'S HERE!! Born at 5:23 am Saturday June 4th. Molly Nicole Andersen. She weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. She is so tiny!
Well, as you know I had my membranes stripped Thursday morning, but I was sure nothing was happening. I had no consistant contractions Thursday or Friday all day. Just contractions here and there like I'd been having all week anyways. We went to a ward BBQ Friday night and left there at 7 to come home and I told my mom not to expect anything. Well we sat down to watch Dan in Real Life about 8:30 and I start having contractions every 5-7 minutes out of nowhere. They started getting pretty uncomfortable so I decided to ditch the movie at 9:30 and go to bed. Well, they intensified quick and we decided we'd see how long through the night I could make it because of Emrie sleeping. Chad got a little sleep during the ones I could get through alone and then about 12:30 he started helping me and 1:30 I called my visiting teaching companion to come over. They were 3 minutes apart and lasting more than a minute and painful!

We got to the hospital at 2 am and I was dilated to a 6. I got the epidural at 3:30 (which was a very long hour and a half :D) and was checked again and was an 8. At a 9 they called the doctor and he got there about 5, broke my water and said lets get ready to push! So, we started pushing at 5:15 and 2 contractions later she was born at 5:23! Super quick!

I don't know how different they are. Molly does have darker hair (it's a light brown) well what she has anyways. This is Molly below:
This is Emrie as a baby:

The Andersens and my mom came that morning to visit and my mom stayed through the weekend till later this afternoon which was great! Emrie is adjusting. She loves to be close and touch and kiss kiss kiss the baby, but she's also acting up a little bit and pretty emotional.






My visiting teaching companion came to visit and she picked the baby up and Emrie said "No!" "Blanket" wanting her to put Molly back down. Then kept saying "My baby! No. My baby!" So I guess she's a little territorial already. We'll see how these next weeks go!

10 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Congratulations. She is adorable. I love the name.

Amanda said...

Yay!! I am so excited! I've been anxiously checking your blog for the big news! She is beautiful. I hope you are adjusting and enjoying. :) Love you!

cindyrella said...

i think it is so sweet you called on your v.t. companion to help! thats the true meaning!! we all say "call me if you need anything" but how often do we really call? kudos to you!
she is a doll - have fun :-)

Taryn said...

Congrats Jaylyn! She is beautiful! I know you are gonna have a blast with two little girls!

Jason & Makenna said...

Congrats guys!!! She is a little doll!

The Jackson Jamboree said...

Cute! She has some similarities to Emrie. :) Do you feel lighter? haha I'm glad everything is going well and I can't wait to see you!

Mareike said...

Congratulations!!! So cute!
miss you!

Rochelle said...

Beautiful pictures. Definitely sisters! You can see the resemblance. I can't wait to see what Molly looks like as she gets a few months older. Love you!

Emily said...

molly molly molly molly molly molly love it! i love love it! and she is so cute and tiny! liam was that size... and its so precious!!!

The Browns said...

Hey Jaylynn! I found your blog online! Molly is BEAUTIFUL!!! Great job Mom!! =] I can't wait to see her in person.

-Heidi Brown-