Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cute and Yummy Crafts

Happy (early) Easter! I saw these easter basket cupcakes last year and decided I wanted to make them, so Emrie and I made them for visiting teaching families. Well, she helped me mix the batter and then tried to steal jelly beans and sour straws from off the table and cupcakes. I think she's reached her sugar limit for the day. I went to Old Navy last week and found long sleeve womens T-shirts for....Ready?...$0.48 each!! They had all these different colors of stripes and patterns so I bought 13 of them! Yeah, they don't fit me now, I bought a variety of sizes and figured if some fit me after the baby is born great, if not I have a lot of cheap material :D I experimented and made Emrie these capris using only the sleeves so I have a ton of material left for maybe a skirt?? just from one shirt :D I thought they turned out so cute! You can't tell really in the picture but I did a little sinch on the bottoms of the legs.


And Chad spoiled me yesterday. He made me a fabulous french toast, hashbrown, eggs, sausage breakfast to start the day and ended it with this delicious cake. Chocolate with Reeses cups baked inside. There is still about 7/8's left :D Emrie kept singing "Happy...You!" It was pretty cute.

4 comments:

The Jackson Jamboree said...

Oh my Goodness!!! Those pants turned out soooo cute!!! I can't get over them!! Emrie is so cute and her hair is so adorable!! :) Yummy cake, and those cupcakes are a great idea! Can't wait to see you!

Rochelle said...

You are so crafty. You must have gotten the sewing genes from mom...I sure didn't. Emrie is so stinkin' cute. Every picture of her is adorable, but I had to laugh out loud at the second picture of her.
Happy late birthday. Love you!

Brett and Liz Stephens said...

Super cute cupcakes! I think I will make some this week. You are so good at making things... without a pattern and everything. I love the picture of your little girl standing up wearing her new pants. Love the matching hair band too. So cute!

cindyrella said...

very clever of you!! and very cute!!