Monday, August 3, 2009

Sleep = Happy and Wedding Dress-up

I have found since becoming a mommy that sleep is a very special and precious thing! My little bundle doesn't like to take naps very often during the day. She's very stubborn and will do a half sleep where some part of one or both eyes are always peeking a little to silently warn you that if you put her down she will wake up with in 10 minutes. We've gotten it down to where she will usually take one good 1-2 hour nap once during the day. But, I can't complain because she does decent at night. Her latest schedule seems to be down around 9pm- about 1am then from 2:30-4. once 4am hits though she won't sleep in her bed anymore and the only way to get her to sleep longer is to put her next to you. So I hate to admit it but I have caved into the tiredness of allowing her to sleep by me...and nursing laying down has become one of my best friends :D But I have found that when she gets in a nice nap in the morning she will give me some nice smiles...so here are a few I was able to capture.




Mom and I were able to go watch Kara try on some wedding dresses to decide what she liked on Saturday. We missed Lauren, Rochelle and Makenna...so I thought I'd give you the preview. If you click on the picture it will enlarge so you can see the detail better.

Kara liked the way this one switched between beading and scruntch on top.
She liked the diagonal skirt change on this one.
We thought the top was cool on this one, but decided it extends too far down and after a hem with flat shoes the skirt would be too short
Very pretty lace on this one...especially the bottom I thought.
This was our favorite neck line on her...looks very nice.

Also like the lace on this one...they have such cool bottoms to the dress.

We thought the bottom of this dress was awsome. It was pleated...I've never seen it before. Anyways, there's a little preview, you'll have to give some opinions. She really looked good in everything she tried it seemed. Can't believe the last one of us is getting married! How exciting, congrats Kara and Chavis!

10 comments:

Mary Kay said...

Wow, looks like she can't go wrong. She looks beautiful in every single one :) I do really like the last one a lot, and the second one looks so nice on her, too!

cindyrella said...

I like the style of pic #5, the straighter flared shape -
she looks GREAT in all of them!

Rochelle said...

My favorite is the one with all the lace that is really fitted! I love that one. I like how the 3rd one fits. I think Kara looks great in a mermaid fit! Love the new pics of Emrie! Such a doll! I can't wait to hold her (it is still so far away-sad face)

Jaylynn said...

Yeah, the 3rd one looked really pretty, it was one of my top favorites and it has those applicays(don't know how to spell) like the one on the front on the sides at each change in the direction of the fabric. If only she could wear heels :(

Karen Mortensen said...

How exciting. I love the 2nd one a lot but with a closed in top.

Your baby is really cute.

Anonymous said...

first of all I can't believe how cute baby Anderson (I forgot her name! ahh!)is!!! Steven and I got a kick out of her faces!

My favorite dress out of these was the second picture. the one with the fun applique beading and diagonal skirt layer. She looks so gorgeous! I'm so excited for her!!!

Anonymous said...

Emrie! Her name is Embrie! thanks Roach haha! sorry Jay

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

Wow she's so grown up! Hey call me for sure when you come to Utah! I would love to see you and the baby!

Emily said...

Oh I am oh so excited to see you soon!!!!!! Your baby is BEAUTIFUL, but no shocker there... look at her mother!

Rocky Mortensen said...

I like all the dresses.Put all the Numbers in a hat,and pick one.Ha ha!!Kara will like the number she picked.Trust me i know.