Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sewing and my sweeties

Alright...so I have undertaken a project to save us some moola this semester by making Emrie's Spring/Summer clothes from my old clothes...I have 2 boxes full of clothes I don't wear :D So, my first shirt for her turned out ok...
I was so happy with how my second shirt for her turned out...It looks so cute on her I think!

And...then I decided to make her a skirt to go with it...at first I was going to do the ruffles going verticle, but it was going to take more fabric, so I went horizontal, but I think it still turned out so cute.




And here's my little goof. I told her to smile for the camera and she went into posing mode...don't even know where she learned to pose for the camera, kinda funny.



So, I'm way excited! It's kinda fun to think of something and then try and make it...especially if it turns out good.

And here are just some random pictures of the loves in my life...

Emrie is always dressing up...and thus is always trying to dress up Molly, which most of the time doesn't go over well with the little sister. This morning I told Emrie to let go of Molly who was screaming while Emrie was hugging her and she goes..."But Mom, I Love her!" That melts your heart!

Daddy dancing with Emrie...he probably wouldn't be real thrilled if he knew I put a picture of him up with a crown...but I think it's oddly attractive :D



9 comments:

The Browns said...

SO cute! You totally need to teach me how to make clothes for kids out of old clothes! Seriously! I would LOVE to learn! =]

Amanda said...

Your girls are adorable. And I love the picture of Chad and Emrie dancing, there's nothing like a father/daughter bond. So sweet. I really miss you! I keep trying to talk Justin into taking some time off to come visit you, but he just started a new job and is nervous to take any time off...but I really need to see you!!!
LOVE YOU!

The Jackson Jamboree said...

Oh my goodness! They are so cute! And the clothes turned out great, I can't wait to start sewing little clothes!!! Can't wait to see you and your adorable little girlies!

sean & shirley said...

Awesome, they are all adorable. Girls are so cute and fun. Can't wait to see them again!
XOXO

Jason & Makenna said...

Wahoo! Nice job Jay! They look awesome!!! :) Hurry up and move home, would ya?

Taryn said...

you have some real skill with that sewing machine!! i wish i could sew like that!
ur girls are adorable!

Brett and Liz Stephens said...

These clothes you make are just so stinkin cute.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed by your sewing skills!! Let me know the dates of when you will be in Gilbert and I will try for the same time! Our girls would all love to play!! We need to catch up too lol

cindyrella said...

cute skirt! how did you do the ruffles? and the flower on the shirt?!! CUTE!!